Being the face of the FEC is not always an easy job—like keeping that bright smile shining and making sure you have all the answers all the time.
But if you’re not having fun, you’re definitely not doing it right! Use this easy Q and A checklist to make sure you’re hitting all the essentials, so instead of worrying about your top to do’s you can focus on the fun.
Guest Experience Q&A
- Do you know what station or stations you’re working and all the responsibilities for each?
- Are you familiar with any scripts and up-to-date on recent changes?
- Do you have all the information and tools you need to address problems as they arise?
- Do you know what to escalate and how?
- Are you providing enthusiastic service and engaging with guests whenever possible?
- Are all your interactions with guests pleasant and energetic no matter the kind of day you’re having?
- Do you accept and log feedback from guests—no matter the tone—with a sincere thank you and a positive attitude?
- Do you make each interaction personal rather than simply reading the script every time?
- Are you saying “please,” “thank you” and “excuse me” regardless of guest age?
- Do you deliver an exceptional experience to parents or chaperones whether by suggesting activities or offering a drink or snack?
- Are you interacting proactively with guests—making sure you’re speaking to them before they speak to you and offering assistance, playing games or starting contests?
- Are you offering guests combos or other offerings based on your conversations with them?
Sales & Growth
- Always upsell! Make sure you pay attention to deals and combos and offer them to guests with a smile.
- Become a redemption pro so you can serve multiple guests at once, deliver a high level of guest experience choosing selections, or saving winnings, and get them eager to play more.
- Be on the lookout for ways to cut down on wait time, whether it’s using mobile stations to line bust at busy times, or a better way to interact with guests.
- Make sure you can easily navigate your food and beverage system to deliver the right order to the right guest fast—and troubleshoot any issues.
- Participate in training opportunities offered by your facility and team-building activities whenever possible.
- Check guests in as they arrive, meeting them at the front of the FEC.
- Guide groups through the facility to the party area rather than leaving them to find the space on their own.
- Keep a look out for late arrivals at the front of the facility after the party has started.
- Accept and process payment from party parents in the last 30 minutes of a party to get feedback, finalize head counts and provide a simple and accurate invoice.
- Check on party guests’ needs and add any items (food, rentals, etc.) to the party’s event in your software to make check out accurate and easy.
- Stay within easy access of the group from the moment they enter and begin their activities to cutting the cake, even walking them to the door as appropriate.
Download the FEC Master Pack of checklists to help guide you and your team to operational and guest experience excellence.